Top dining choices in Rincon
Diverse cuisines, from gourmet to casual
After working up an appetite swimming, surfing, snorkeling, or just relaxing on Rincon's sandy shores, satisfy your appetite by visiting one of the many local eateries. This tourist-friendly Puerto Rican town offers no shortage of fine restaurants situated along the Atlantic and the Caribbean. Whether you're in the mood for a formal atmosphere, romantic ambiance, or a friendly, family-oriented establishment, you're sure to find the perfect place to grab a delicious bite in Rincon.
Below are some of the most popular locales:
- Horned Dorset Primavera Restaurant: Considered one of the finest dining establishments in Puerto Rico, the Horned Dorset is a romantic choice for honeymooners. The villa-style eatery is marked by high ceilings, lush gardens, and sweeping staircases. The ever-changing menu offers a diverse array of gourmet French cuisine. Call 787-823-4030 for details.
- Rum Shack Restaurant & Bar: Located at the legendary Lazy Parrot Inn on Rincon's Route #413, the Rum Shack is nestled against a quiet hillside a short drive from the action-packed beaches. Open Friday through Wednesday from 12 PM - 11 PM, this casual, pool-side eatery serves such traditional pub favorites as burgers, sandwiches, and salads. Quench your thirst with fun tropical drinks and local ales. Happy hour specials are available from 3-5 PM. Call 787-823-0101 for more information, or visit http://www.rumshack.net/.
- Harbor Restaurant: Dine on the beach at this casual seafood eatery, specializing in fresh Caribbean lobster, Mahi Mahi, red snapper, and grouper.
- Smilin' Joe's: Also located at the popular Lazy Parrot Inn, this unique restaurant serves up international fare in both an outdoor dining room and a tropical garden. The on-site Seaglass Bar is renowned for its delicious Bailey's Banana Daiquiris. Dinner is served each evening from 5:30 PM - 10:00 PM. Call 787-823-0101 for more information, or visit http://www.smilinjoes.net/.
- Tamboo Seaside Grill & Boutique: Specializing in Caribbean and American fare, Tamboo offers a diverse menu featuring fresh seafood and tropical dishes, all served up with local Spanish flavor. The open-air dining room epitomizes the relaxed ambiance of Rincon's surfing community. For more information, call 1-787-823-8550 or visit http://www.rincon.org/nav/nav-tamboobesidepointe.htm.
- Panaderia/Cafeteria Calvache: A friendly, casual eatery that shares a space with a general store, this laid-back café offers standard American and Puerto Rican fare, including sandwiches, bacon and eggs, spaghetti, and local seafood. No need to get dressed up for dinner here! Call 787-823-6658.
- Casa Islena Inn: The tapas bar at Casa Islena offers a relaxed, casual atmosphere right on the ocean. Renowned for its fresh seafood selection and creative desserts, this open-air café is open every day for lunch and dinner during the prime surfing season (December to April). For more information, call 1-787-823-1525 or visit http://www.rincon.org/nav/nav-casaislena.htm.
- Calypso Café & Beach Shop: A mecca for wave-riding enthusiasts, this popular Rincon gathering spot is the place to meet locals, pick up some delicious dinner, and listen to live surf music. Open daily, Calypso is located at the scenic Maria's Beach. Call 787-823-1626 or visit http://www.rincon.org/nav/nav-calypsopr.htm.
- La Rosa Inglesa: Renowned for its delicious breakfasts, this hidden gem is located at a well-appointed bed and breakfast, offering reasonable prices, a spectacular view, and impeccable service. Hours are 8 AM - 12 PM daily. Call 787-823-4032.
- Shipwreck Restaurant: Adjacent to the marina, this home-style family eatery serves up international fare for lunch and dinner. The open-air dining space attracts a diverse range of tourists and locals, including groups of surfers and visiting families. Daily happy hours, food and drink specials, and a Sunday pig roast ensure that patrons experience the native flavor of Rincon. For more information, call 787-823-0578 or visit http://www.rincon.org/nav/nav-shipwreck.htm.
- Rincon Nativo Sports Bar & Grill: Attracting a mixture of tourists and locals, this laid-back sports bar boasts big-screen televisions, and a decidedly tropical atmosphere. Live music, happy hour specials, and a variety of pub games make Rincon Nativo a popular destination for food and fun. Call 787-823-4922 or visit http://www.rincon.org/nav/nav-rincon-nativo.htm.
- El Cerdito del Cielito: Serving up fresh barbecued ribs, seafood, chicken, and pork, this casual eatery offers reasonable prices and generous portions. Call 787-823-5225.
Get to know Rincon, Puerto Rico...
Rincon Hotels & Resorts...
Rincon Surf House
The Rincon Surf House is a surfers vacation home. Located only a 1 minute walk to Rincons' beautiful marina beach. A one minute drive to world class surf at Marias, Dogmans, Indicators and Domes. Walking distance to coffee shops, juice and smoothie bar, restaurants, grocery store and to the center of town. The marina is a short walk with stand up paddle board rentals, snorkeling and scuba trips at Taino divers and great restaurants.